27, 28, 1 - not 28, 29, 30, 1

First of all, a great big Happy Birthday to Maria! I hope your day has been nice! :) I was going to send you a card in time for your birthday but I forgot 1 March came after 28 and not 30/31 of February. Silly me! I'm still waiting to receive your birthday present to arrive (which was going to be a Christmas present but it didn't get here in time - although it MIGHT actually arrive in time for Christmas THIS year... but I wouldn't bank on it), so hang in there.

No, I DON'T wish to renew my Norton subscription actually, go away. I'm waiting for my 3 free trial months to expire and then it's buh-bye NIS and hello to avast! and ZoneAlarm like on Eddie.

Speaking of free, unpirated s/w - I finally (somehow) managed to convince Linux to play MP3-files! Or, well, XMMS does. AmaroK still happily refuses to play them. I'm happy with only using XMMS though - hey, it looks like Winamp so it makes Win geeks like me feel at home. I think I might come to agree more and more with the penguin though, so yay me! (If anyone cares, I've installed SuSE 10, running KDE desktop because hey I'm a Win geek and need things made easy for me.)

Today at work I had two calls that were similar but oh so different. The first guy said he'd built PCs and stuff, yet he still thought AUX meant speakers... and thanked me when I suggested he should have a look in Device Manager for errors. I don't WANT to know what computers he built. I just wouldn't want to use them! Anyhoo, later on someone phoned up and explained the HDD had crashed... and he actually KNEW what he was talking about! I tell ya, those callers are few and far between but they are so wonderfully refreshing to get! :) Then again some people are just stupid. One customer was advised by one instance he had a virus, and another advised him to download Ad-Aware. His problem? "CPU fan error" on bootup and the core temperature was higher than it should be... yeah better get Norton right on that...

I should've done some dishes tonight as Tony was out but I ended up solving my Linux problem instead and am now in bed and I can feel my eyelids getting heavier and heavier.

I should ask people to read this blog and use it as like a multi-recipient letter or something, because at the moment I'm writing one letter, have another one to reply to and a third one I should write as well. Practical solution, if not very personal. Anyone who wants an update on things but can't be bothered to write - keep yourself tuned to this place then. Sounds like a well good plan to me.

'Night.


P.S. Found a house that looks nice. I want to live there. John German, make someone buy our house so we can put in an offer for it and get it so that it doesn't slip away like the other one we put in an offer for? (Yeah we're looking into moving. More on that another time. I'll tell you all about magnolia paint.)

Comments