It is done.

28 June 2006

Dear (name of Team Leader),

As required by my contract of employment, I hereby give you my four weeks' notice, effective as of June 30th 2006, of my intention to leave my position as Technical Adviser.

As much as I love my colleagues and taking home a nice paycheck, I feel it is now time for me to move on, for a number of reasons - all of which I would be happy to discuss with you in person, but that I feel there is no need to bring up here.

I would like to thank you for having me as part of your team, and wish you and all other Nordic personnel the best of luck in the future.

Yours sincerely,

(me)
Technical Adviser
(other bits, like Team, Team Leader & Technical Coach)



Except maybe I could stay on doing part-time work... like a keytimer (the way I started working there, but not 18-22, more like 8-12). It would mean I'd have a well-paid part-time job instead of a minimum wage one (or unemployment), at least until I can find something else that I would LIKE to do. If I only did half the hours, I'd be able to get out of there early and still do stuff during the day that would keep me sane. So that's an idea. But I don't know, and I can't discuss it with my team leader until he returns from his vacation.

I was thinking today, on the bus on my way home, that should I quit (original plan, which is, like above quotation prooves, is underway) or should I stay on as a keytimer, if that's possible? I was thinking "please give me a sign!" and five seconds later, I get a text message! Except it was unrelated to all of this, so it wasn't much of a sign. Oh well...

Comments

Post a Comment