Facebook is like time travel

If you think about it, Facebook can make you take some serious trips down memory lane. Sure, I bet so can MySpace and such too, but I personally find MySpace rather confusing to use. Facebook has a nice and simple interface and funny add-ons. I have a pet Greenbit (green rabbit) called Shamrock, for instance. The Sorting Hat placed me in Ravenclaw (as well it should). I've been to 63 towns around Europe - sadly, though, a lot of the smaller towns aren't recognised by the application. I'm also endulging in trivia quizzes about Harry Potter and Firefly, as well as movies. Can write short movie reviews and rate films too. Loads of fun.

Then there are friends. I seem to have aquired a whole bunch. Never knew I had that many friends! o_O A bunch are fellow ex-slaves from PC ServiceCall/The Tech Guys/Crapita, another bunch are CHATphilers, and then there are some people I've been to school with and such. It's really quite freaky when you see pictures of people who you remember most vividly when they were about 10... They have since grown up. Okay, fair enough, I've seen them graduating from school too, but that was still a fair few years ago now. (About five.)

The best part are those who you have lost contact with for some reason or another, but who you can reconnect with. Like the bunch of people from CHATphiles. Which brings me on to the subject of groups. Someone created a CHATphiles group on Facebook. Last time I checked, we were 33 members. Many of them are people I used to chat with, and a bunch I've even met IRL. It's so great to see them again. That's why I've decided to name the group "CHATphiles" the bestest group on Facebook ever. I loved CHATphiles, it was a big part of my life for a fair few years, and I loved all the friends I made there. It's such a shame the software couldn't cope with the new servers. :(

There are groups on any subject imaginable, including one about automatic doors making you feel like a Jedi. Didn't join it, though. Another one I did join is I compulsively join groups that interest me but don't actively participate. Yeah, that'll be me in a nutshell. I'm in fangroups of Firefly, The Flying Doctors, Wheel of Time, Animaniacs, Texas, Modern Talking, Thomas Anders, Lord Cutler Beckett, Sam Neill, James Whale (who's on my friends list, w00t!), Poltergeist: The Legacy... you name it. Some were missing, so I had to add them, such as Time Trax. Today I even found an appreciation society for Alan McManus. :)

Facebook is teh shit.

Comments