NaNoWriMo 2007 - Day 3

Word count: 9042
Target word count: 5001
Days to go: 27
Chapters: 3
Characters: 3

Apparently, they all find some piece of jewellery, and hey presto - Narnia. Except it still isn't Narnia, but I have yet to come up with a name. Actually, that's a lie. I do have a name. I had a name for it before I even started writing! I just won't tell you that name. But that's where they've gone to. Two down, two to go! Although I'm currently writing one of those, I might just leave her disappearing until tomorrow or so. Glad I didn't leave the cat on the beach. Even if they come back and it's the same time as they left, I still don't like the thought of leaving her stranded all by herself like that. Better to do it when they're both safely at home.

The first chapter is by far the longest one (12 pages compared with 3 and 5). Mainly because that's where most of the talking has been done and also, it's heavily drawn on memories of events and places (namely: BĂ„stad, disguised as an unnamed small seaside village in England somewhere). Oh well, first draft is a first draft. It's not supposed to be very good, and lemme tell you this right now - it sure ain't! It's something that can be sorted out at a later date. Post-NaNo.

Was gonna go to the meetup at the Maltcross today, but didn't want to spread my germs, as they've spread enough already. Still having a bloody cold... sigh.

The book No Plot? No Problem! (by Chris Baty, NaNo founder) suggested putting on a hat or something to put yourself into a "writing mood", so my hat of choice is my Indigo movie baseball cap. I don't wear baseball caps very often, and hey, if I have one that says "Indigo", from the movie with the same name (the less said about it the better), and I'm writing about a bunch of Indigos... makes sense.

Good night.

Comments